Where Is California??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SoloMow, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I have noticed over the years that the East has allot stronger representation on this board than the West does. I have been trying to figure out why this is for years.

You rarely see other LCO's from:
    Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, Montana, Idaho etc.

I can read this board on any given day and find 3-4 LCO's from NJ, NY, and Florida but when is the last time you heard from anyone from Montana, Idaho or Nevada?

I might be wrong but I think that back East you have more hispanic laborers and less hispanic LCO owners while out West we are seeing more and more hispanic LCO busineses starting up every year.

The other thing is there might be allot of LCO from the West that just come here to read and learn but not necessarily participate.
  2. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

I'm too busy reading "scrub test" and "who builds the best mower" threads. :confused:
  3. Robert F

Robert F LawnSite Member

I wouldn't go so far as to call them businesses. Checking a ten of the cards that have been left at my house the past few weeks I found only two were registered businesses. All of my neighbors are asked to write checks to the man himself, not any DBA or anything.
  4. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

There are no LCO's in California due to the tough emmisions standards.
  5. Robert F

Robert F LawnSite Member

Hahaha you know it's bad when you have gas cans JUST for California. Special gas cans to reduce emissions from them. :eek:
  6. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

I must have missed the memo. In reality we have a five year head start on what is now a nation wide emissions reduction program. P.S. folks stop hating on push mowers, hand shears, and brooms I can only fit so much in the trunk of my Honda Hybrid.
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

8. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

We work all year in California, we don't have time to sit and type like little Sissy's!
  9. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

Mueller Landscape is a member from S. Cal
  10. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

Do you guys offer sandraking too. I make annual trips to Joshua Tree and the cities around most folks don't have grass they just rake their sand.