Where is Gator-rator / Groundbreakers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Sep 19, 2005.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Little help here if you can.
    I currently have a Gator-rator aerator that needs a new ram. Today I tried to call Bryant from Ground Breakers the maker of the Gator-rator and found that the phone is disconnected. Do any of you know how to contact them by phone. I have already left an e-mail but urgently need to get this repaired ASAP since I have work lined up and no aerator.
    Other than calling Gator-rator do you know who makes the ram or where I can buy one?
    I have had this ram repaired last year but cant find any paperwork on it. :help:

2. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

fax line works

Fax them.

Looks like everything that had was with verizon wireless

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Dog gone it. Someone just posted on here about what that ram (and motor) was...it wasn't but about 2 months ago.

4. FERT-TEK

Varsity, did he return a fax you sent him today? I do not have access to a fax from home. Sounds like he is out of busiiness though. That is too bad because I think he made a good product. The metal work on the aerator is well built. Unfortunately, the ram broke twice in two years and appears to be the weak link.
    Took the ram apart today to see if there was anything on it that identified the manufacturer of the ram. Found out that it is made here in Illinois in Belvedere about 1 hr west of where I live. Called them and they said that I can UPS them the ram and they will either replace it for around $220 or repair it for $50 to just look at it and whatever time and parts are needed. The guy also said that he thought that Groundbreakers / Gator-rator was out of business. The ram manufacturer also stated the repaired one will operate at half the speed but should be much more durable when they are done with it. Warrantee, I dont know yet.

5. FERT-TEK

Runner, did a search today before creating this thread and found nothing. If you find it let me know so I can follow up with whoever started that thread with what I found out today.

6. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Is that gator-rator a good investment? I've seen them and they look pretty sweet. Do they do a good job aerating? Just wondering if I should buy one. Thanks.

7. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer claims that john deere had some interest in the gator rator. Maybe they will be back under a new name.

8. FERT-TEK

Not sure if they are in business any more. I am glad that I bought mine although maintaining the mechanicals is now a concern. I would buy again if I could pulls plugs similar to a lawnaire 5 when the soil is moist.

9. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I did not fax them but I will fax them when I get to work in the AM to see if there is a response. Maybe someone forgot to pay the phone bill on the other lines.

10. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

Oh Boy, I just purchased one a few weeks back! Let me know if you make contact with them...I'll cross my fingers for the next few weeks of aerating.