1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where is my check??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I took one of my blowers to get worked on today. I was there for about 30 minutes. We all know how it is on Saturdays, all homeowners!! THe place was packed and they all the guys were with people, so I decided to help sell some stuff for them :)!!! I was there for about 30 minutes and sold 1k worth of stuff!! Where is my commission check!!! :) I even convinced a homeowner to buy a eb630!! Damn I'm good.
  2. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Your shop owner should hire you to come in Sat AM each week!
    often, when I see a homeowner working on their lawn - especially when they have that look like "this sucks", I give the one of my business cards & tell them I have an opening for them on my landscape maint crew, if they really like what they are doing. (jokingly, of course) a few don't laugh... but that's OK.
    Then I ask if they want weekly service - it has worked a time or two, and I don't mind doing two houses side by side!
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you should open up a power equipment place of your own on the side. you could make it your shop and sell some equipment on the side. lol you shoud hit them up for a brand new blower for free.
  4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think next off season I may ask for a job :) It was fun selling stuff and I asked for money off my monthly bill!! I wouldn't argue with a free blower though :)
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

The truth is we are probably qualified to sell
    outdoor equip better than any one.mabe winter part time
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I sell quite a bit of echo equipment when i go to home depot! When i see some poor home owner who dosnt know any better looking at a weedeater or homelite i always feel compelled to convince them into the echo. There always 3 times as much but at least 80% of the time they walk out with a echo...if only they sold redmax!