1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where is my fuel shut off switch on Toro Commercial 21 inch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by l3randonf, Jun 16, 2011.

1. l3randonf

l3randonf LawnSite Member

Below is a picture of my fuel line and fuel filter. There is no fuel cut off switch. I told this to a friend of mine in the business, and without looking at it, he stated that this is probably not right. He says that he thinks someone has possibly modified my mower. I bought the mower used off of craigslist...

Anyways...here is the fuel line and fuel filter. Is there something missing?

[​IMG]

2. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like someone has removed it to me it should be a few inches from where the line comes out of the botton of the tank.

exmark.jpg

3. l3randonf

Why would someone do this?

I do know that the current motor and deck I have were not originally together. Someone added the motor to the deck at some point. I am assuming the motor went bad and so they dropped a new one in.

Perhaps the cutoff switch was lost in the process?

I guess it's not a big deal but it makes me wonder what else was missed...

4. tuffram

Yours looks just like mine it has a Kawasaki engine with oil filter. I to bought mine used last year but mine is all original even have the original bagger, mulch plug, and side discharge shoot. Mine is a Exmark basically the same mower as a Toro just a different name on it.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Toro Proline with a 2 cycle Sizuki, ... no in-line shutoff, never has been. I've never had a 21" hand mower with a fuel shutoff in the fuel line.

6. l3randonf

Mine doesnt have side discharge. I guess thats one of the differences between the toro and exmark.

7. l3randonf

Someone hacked my account. Had to delete this message.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  8. tuffram

Mine is not side discharge. It has the discharge door on the right rear.