Where is the Phazor going?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by cobbonthecorn, Oct 9, 2006.

1. cobbonthecorn

cobbonthecorn LawnSite Member

In a separate thread I have been asking for advice about different ZRT's and was focused on the Phazor 19/44" until today's experience. I test drove a unit today and found the IZT, or trans-axle if you prefer, to be too loud for my liking. I like the basic layout of the mower, deck size, and trim edge. But I would also pay $500 more to get separate pump and drive motors if that cures the noise issue and improves the units handling response. The question is: Where is the Phazor design going for next year? Will the unit with changes still be under $5000?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Thanks for considering Exmark. There are no changes for 2007 expected to the Phazer at this time. The Intergrated Hydro Drive System will continue to be the preferred drive system for the Phazer.
    http://exmark.com/phazer.htm
    Thanks,
    Brian

3. cobbonthecorn

Thank you. While disappointing, not unexpected.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

So far a lot of manufactures are going with the type of drive that the Phazer has, hustler to name one its on there new walk OH!! walker mower is doing it on there new mb, they say it handles better then what they been using all along.

John

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I demoed a Phazer a last week and thought that the machine was very responsive.

Fast little machine for sure.

6. John Gamba

from ct

It is--------

7. cobbonthecorn

I thought so too until I rode the Phazor back-to-back against a unit with separate pump and wheel motors. I don't want to be negative toward the Phazor because I think it is still a nice machine, but it is what it is. Not sure what a charged IZT is exactly, but it seems to be one way of getting closer to the performance of separates.

8. John Gamba

from ct

Exactly!!!!!!