1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where should I purchase Gator Magnums from?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Where should I purchase Gator Magnums from? Any reccomendations? It is for a 44 inch.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Landscapersupply.com

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

1-800-power41 Ask for a catalog. They have pretty good prices and a lot of other things that come in handy

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased mine from the dealer.

When I added up the cost of shipping and handling from the mail order people it was cheaper. It also kept me in the dealerships good graces when it comes time for repairs.

Mark

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody know when there coming out with gator magnums to fit a toro 62inch deck? I talked to pro parts last fall and they told me they didnt make gator blades for that deck yet. None of the parts catalagues i get have them either for my toro.

6. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Evan,

I am looking in the Spring 2001 Landscapers Supply Catalog (Page 105) I received 2 days ago. They have a Regular Gator Mulching Blade (Part # 231025) to replace the Toro blade # 446250. It is listed as being 3 blades for a 62" Toro Groundmaster. 21 1/2 inches long, 1/2 inch center hole and .203 thick. The price is $12.69 each.

Please note: The length for the Toro blade #446250 that it replaces is only 21 inches, 1/2 inch center hole, and .190 thickness.

I cross referenced blade size and found a Magnum for a Grasshopper 61 inch deck, blade size 21 x 1/2 x .250 that may work. Part # 231248 (Page 91) The difference in cutting width may be due to spindle placement on the deck.

I hope this is helpful.
    Mark

[Edited by Chopper Lover on 03-10-2001 at 01:25 AM]

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What advantage is the newer Gator Magnum blades? I've used
    the regular ones for a couple of years, primarily as
    doubles (Exmark 36" w/b hydro). Should I consider replacing my present ones?

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

there not only thicker(40%?) but also have more of a lift.

9. Vibe Ray

Landscapersupply.com does not appear to have Gator Magnums for a 44" Lazer.....Any other reccomendations?

10. Vibe Ray

Well now that I have my Lazer I'm about ready to get some Gator Magnums and double 'em up! I need (6) 15.25" Gator Magnums....does anyone know where I can get some and what would be a good pric for them?