Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. wrgrounds

wrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from WI

I have four eye bolts, 2 on the loader discharge and 2 on the extension tube. I stretch a small bungee between these to hold it on when in use. When I am done I just take the bungees off and slide the tube out and lay it in the box on the trailer. Very simple set up, and don't have to worry about the discharge when turning corners.
    To dump I just unhook the trailer, push the lever down behind the cab door to release the bottom of the back door and dump.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setups everyone

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey what material is that???
    Almost looks like dry wall......

4. wrgrounds

wrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from WI

My secret is plywood. Actually the front and back are wafer board from a box I built 9 years ago. My real secret is that I found a brand of tractor paint that is really thick and almost plastic like when it dries. I use 2 coats of this to keep the rain and sun from damaging the wood. Like I said the front and back are wafer board from a box I used for 9 years and it still looks new. Also I use a lot of vinyl lettering and found that I can buy the same color Race car tin to put the letters on and then screw it to the plywood. The lettering for the box sides cost me $4.00 per line.

5. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup/pics!

6. russ and sons

russ and sons LawnSite Member

i went fromn a 11 hp billygoat to this 16 hp giant vac. major upgrade, would have saved $500 last year in dump fees if i had this one. much better on shredding leaves.

Russ

leaf pickup 001.jpg

leaf pickup 002.jpg

leaves 001.jpg

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That is a huge box on your truck. Does it cause any instability when its full? Ive been considering a dump insert along with a box like that one. Not sure how big I can build it before it becomes unsafe...

8. Martinson9

Martinson9 LawnSite Member

Love the Hartford Whalers Logo!

9. Martinson9

Martinson9 LawnSite Member

It looks like he isn't mulching those down before he loads them so I don't think his loads are too heavy. We mulch all our leaves prior to vacuuming them up. When we load those onto our dump trailer it gets pretty heavy so I'd be concerned then.

10. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are deff. not mulched
    For the past few years i have always just blew and pushed the leaves to the loader with a WB blower and ZTR's but this year i am using my lazor with the Utra Vac
    OMG it is great!
    We get more space in our truck with it this way!
    Gets shredded like 7 times
    3 times in the mower (i guess) since there are 3 blades
    then we load them with the BG leaf loader.....
    Another couple times....