1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I give you guys credit that have to haul leaves. That is an impressive set-up. I am glad I don't haul any leaves. Just grind them or push them to the curb for the city pick up. Leaf season is a coming.

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Hhahah yeah! they do that here too, but thankfully only in like one city

3. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

They have decided to add a $90 k Vac truck to the citys equipment in our town so I am curious how it will effect us this year. In other towns we have seen drops in the "cleanup only accounts" for a year or 2 before they start comming back to us.
    There is always an edge when you can clean them up the day they ask for it other then 3 weeks later.
    We shall see

4. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

the one we built 4 yrs ago we still use, like (cuttin to the max) says build it like a house the first time and you wont have any problems,
    after building mine w/ pressure treated wood I gave it about 3 coats of paint, still looks good

5. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Great stuff a lot of help

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a new Season! Post NEW PICS! :)

7. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

01 isuzu frr dump with parker leaf loader and 18ft trailer with 2 2009 walkers with 48in and 52in decks and stihl br600 backpack blower

2011-11-08_09-41-02_51.jpg

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Ill have some soon enough but ran into a snag today my 2nd vac has been sitting out side and it seems I have a mouse nest in the engine. Ill know tomorrow if it still runs or needs some serious work.

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I put a box on my trailer this year instead of my truck. I have been doing alot of hunting and need my truck bed. With the box om my trailer I can only haul one mower and well today that mower broke down on me and I was 25 minutes away from my house and I had to come back and get my other mower in the middle of doing a clean up.

10. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

I want a shorty cab over dump so bad with a steel mesh leaf box to place in the dump bed, just cant decide on a leaf loader.