Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

For the tow behind I made 2 heavy chains that I put on when I am about to vac up a pile they allow me to back up while preventing the vac from turning in either direction. Other wise they jack knife so quickly you would snap we got to try it for the first time today and it worked great. To bad a hydro pump went on one of my lazers and we managed to bump into a fuel pump on the tow away and break it. Some days I wish I stayed home. With our set up we expect to finish our clean ups in about 4 weeks and we should bring in 25-30k. We leave the box on for spring clean ups on the gmc but the new rams will come off this fall when we finish.

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that is a slick swing away you have on the GMC. I really like that!

3. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Dieselholic, you talking about something like this? We love it, mesh sides with plywood backing for leaf season. And 4 wheel drive to boot!

Mike

work 024.jpg

4. Kelly's Landscaping

The negative part of that set up is the gas station trip once a week and that was $380 today Ouch

5. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

Yes!!! That is awesome. I want to find one badly next spring/summer. Wanna sell it haha.
    I'm sure it's quite handy. How do you like Plowin with it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

What year is that GM? How's it holding up for you?

7. Kelly's Landscaping

The gm is an 89 diesel shes in pretty good shape but that's probably from all the money iv sunk into her over the last 9 years. I plan on keeping her for another 3-4 years I am slowly upgrading the fleet to all brand new trucks and the gm will be the last to be replaced.

8. lbmd1

Its a 5 speed and it's a bit tiring to shift with a 9 ft blade on front, but its good for parking lots and pushing back piles.

9. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

WOW! theres my dream

10. lbmd1

Nightshutter, this was my dream truck as well for many years. Rarely do you ever see them for sale used because everyone that has one, loves them. I just picked it up 2 years ago for an amazing price of $13,500 cash. Had only 65k miles on it too. Finally karma had me at the right time, right place and some spare cash in the savings. We just picked up a 2 wheel drive version of the same truck for another great deal of $5500 with 75k on it just a few days ago. Both are in mint condition. I love these cabovers!

Mike