Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I can second that! You don't win if you don't play though... bad days are a part of the game

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

My cleanup rig varies depending on what's on the schedule for the day. This was what I ran today.

21MowingRig 001.jpg

21MowingRig 002.jpg

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow those green barrels almost look new Darryl they even have the original metal handles. You ought to see my surviving 3 of them *shivers* I think one even has an intact bottom. Most have holes cut in under they metal hoop for handles now. But yours look sweet.

4. Darryl G

I crimp the handles on as soon as I get them. One barrel has a hole worn through the bottom. I keep 2 folded up cordura nylon tarps in the bottom of the bottom one to keep them from getting stuck together.

Do you think I need to get a bigger trailer for my mower...I'm afraid I might be overloading it.:nono:

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Depends I think your using it to cart the leaves away so it probably is the right size. Our standard load was a 36 tthp with an accelerator bagger. A 60 or 52 inch lazer with a trac vac system. One fradan 18hp self propelled blower one of our jrco leaf plows. 2 weed wackers and 4-5 br 600s depending on the crew size. 10 gallons of gas 5 gallons of 2 cycle 2 barrels a few saws and loppers and sometimes hedge trimmers for decorative grasses. And a few pitch forks rakes shovels and stuff like that. And then 2 20hp leaf vacs with leaf box trucks. We used the truck pulling the trailer for sticks and somedays we would come home with yards of sticks.

6. Darryl G

I was being sarcastic about the trailer not being being enough for my 21 incher. Usually it's either the landscape trailer with both mowers for the on-site disposal jobs or my Z in the dump for the haul aways. I ended up not needing either the mower or the dump trailer for the 2 jobs I was loaded for in the pictures. A neighbor actually wanted me to dump the leaves on their property, lol. I do have a leaf vac but haven't mounted it in a few years...I'd rather pick up with the mower.

7. Kelly's Landscaping

You have your sense of humor I have mine also your signature lists all your toys so I knew you used more then a 21. But you did say that was the set up for the day so perhaps it was a small gate back yard and you left the big boys at home.

8. Darryl G

The place is 95% pavers, beds and swimming pool and 5% grass...about a 5 foot wide strip 40 feet long. It didn't need a mow though.

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well better late than never. Here is my rig. the body on the F650 is a roll off so I can switch between leaf body and dump body quick.

leafrig.jpg

10. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member