Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

xclusive--the chipper cap has four vents, two on each side in the front of the cap. We installed two back vents with mesh tarp, and we installed a mesh "skirt" just behind the door. It won't fill completely full, but it is very close. The nice thing is there is very limited dust and blowout. We haven't had a suction issue, but might if the loader had more CFM. Still a work in progress, but much better than just a tarp top.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you take a couple of pics showing the mesh installed? I have a total of 6 vents and would like a way to make less debris shoot through the vents.

3. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

This is a picture of our rig from a few years ago. She's about double the height now, with a vented tarp on top.

leaf cleanup 1.jpg

4. outdoorconcepts06

outdoorconcepts06 LawnSite Member

Wanted to buy an isuzu dump but the cost is way to high. Instead I got this 14 ft dump trailer and built it up. Works like a champ and cost a whole lot less.

2012-10-24 12.28.40.jpg

2012-11-19 11.50.18.jpg

2012-11-09 10.33.09.jpg

5. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Outdoor Concepts,

If you still have your rig together - could you snap a few close-up pics of the back of your trailer. (specifically how you have the vac mounted) I am trying to combine all of the positives that I have seen in this thread and make a new rig for next year.

Thanks for all of the really good pic guys!!

6. beamslawnservice

beamslawnservice LawnSite Member

Here's our setup 2011-11-21 10.50.10.jpg

2011-11-21 10.50.10.jpg

7. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just purchased a leaf loader and self propelled blower. No more bagging! Thanks for all that have posted. I'm getting some great ideas for my "leaf box". The one shown is a "trial and error rig". Should be closing on my Isuzu NPR Monday! This 18' trailer is going to be used as a backup. However, will build up to collect leaves. The Billy Goat loader is a beast! 34 HP of pure muscle. Sometimes had to run it half throttle!

20130223_132740.jpg

20130223_132611.jpg

20130223_132743.jpg

20130223_132800.jpg

8. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

That is an awesome loader! Please post pics when you get it finished!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thanks! Hopefully I will have it up and running soon. Just trying to figure a few things out.

10. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

How big is the base or footprint of that 34hp loader. Been loking at a bigger one but still want to put it on the back door somehow. Also how is that 18hp blower with no reverse. I think the little wonder will sell more with the reverse...Thanks