Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

The base is like 3 or 4 ft wide x 2 ft. The blower is awesome. To be honest, this unit is so light, we rarely use the self propelled feature.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

Wow thats suprising to hear that its that light. Thats good though. What kind of motor is that 34hp vac

3. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Yes, its extremely light. Suprised me as well! My "main" laborer is 50 years old. He's a speedster with the BG blower! The engine on the vac is a Vanguard. This thing has a suction that is out of this world! The problem I am having is my leaf box. I'm going to work on that soon. Will have the Isuzu NPR Dump this week. Excited about that! 16' with 4' sides. Once I figure out how to properly tarp it down minimizing "debris blowout"... I should be good!

4. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

Thats good to know because i love my 13hp billygoat but more is always better. I had no idea that briggs even had a 34hp motor. I def have to look into that. I have the 18hp now and it works but when its wet or sticks it takes time. Would you be able to post a couple more pics of the vac.?

5. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

6. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Hey dude I know this is an old thread but... l love the setup!! Going to get a F250 for this fall w the same sort of setup. How does the truck handle the weight of vac in front/ leaves and dump insert in back? Can you still pull a mower trailer ok?
    How did you mount that vac, and what's the tubing you use to run into the box. Sorry for a lot of questions- you got the exact setup I'm looking for!:clapping::clapping:

7. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

its f-250! I tow fully loaded enclosed trailer and 200 gal water tank in the bed with mine all the time. The truck won't barley feel this rig except for the lack of aerodynamics from the box as far as I can tell. I couldn't imagine hes packing much more weight in that box than 200 gals of h20

8. peeklandscaping

from CT

good to know!

9. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction for one of those mesh tarps everyone had on the top of their boxes. I would like to do the same to mine.

10. peeklandscaping

from CT

I got mine from Harbor Freight Tools. About $25-$30 for a 8x10, which was all I needed. they have other sizes too. Hope that helps