Where to buy a flat bed?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ACA L&L, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey all im looking for a flatbed for my 75 chevy truck. Can you guys send me in the right direction. We would like to make it a dumping flatbed. Any help would be great.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Is this a 1/2,3/4, 1 ton P/U or is it a 1 ton cab and chassis, long or short wheelbase ?

If it is a pickup truck with the box rusted off then your better off finding a local welding shop build you a bed. If its a 1 ton cab and chassis with a 34 inch wide frame then you have all kinds of choices from cheap stamped steel to heavy built decks. Then you have aluminum or steel.

A 75 truck is old it would have to be in pretty good shape to be worth putting money into.

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

3/4 ton, new engine and tranny, long bed 4x4 dana 60 in front end. Its a tuff truck with less than a 100 ooo original mles. The bed is rusted and we nee a dumper anyway. Itb was a goverment truck that was modified but never used.

4. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

Try EBAY, I bought mine for $500, I just waited till I found the right one in my area. Might check Craigslist also.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A 8x7 or 9x7 flatdeck isn't that expensive to build then you can have something the way you want it.