1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy a Redmax EBZ8001 at the lowest price?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by G.M.Landscaping, Sep 21, 2007.

1. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking on ebay with no luck. My closest dealer(which is far away) wants $539+tax=$577. Probably spend $20 in gas driving there and back.
    Anybody buy one online for a good price lately?

I've never used one, but what everyone here says, it's the best fall leaf blower sold.
  2. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Redmax dealers are really scattered out in our area of the northeast.You should take a look at the big echos or stihls in your area. I bought that redmax online and I thought like you it is gonna be the beast but it is not worth the hype.Buy Local.
  3. G.M.Landscaping

Wow, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can buy a stihl br600, shindi 8510 or echo 750 locally. But since I've been visiting this site over the last years, everyone seems to love the redmax. I bought a used redmax hedge trimmer online and really liked it. So I thought maybe this blower is just what I need.

Currently I'm using a Echo PB-650. I demoed a sthil 550(only in parking lot) and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was the sound. Didn't sound like it was blowing much. Reached down and felt the pressure coming out of the tube and seemed weaker than my old PB-650.

Getting back to your response. I want to buy local,but redmax isn't in the mix. I just want the most powerful blower for fall cleanups and don't care about the weight.
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Demo or check out the echo pb 755. Very powerful and very dependable. I bought one in Aug this year. Very pleased so far. Cant wait to use it on fall cleanups.
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have used everything, and so far the red max's are the best overall.

i have an ebz7001 that is 5 years old, is used 6 days a week 52 weeks a year.

in 5 years all that has broken is the pull chord ( a few times).

it is an awesome blower.

we bought a few BR600's and at first they blew harder, but after one year they are giving us a lot of problems, so we are going back to the red max's

don't sweat small price differences, buy from a dealer you trust. over the life of the machine, a $75.00 difference does not amount to a hill of beans.Treat dealers as you want your customers to treat you....
  6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Gotta laugh at the..."i have a blank....and really like it" If you are looking for the most powerful...it's the 8001. I've used them all. And for the stihl..Why would you want to add frikkin valves and more moving parts into a machine that is virtually indestructable. RM dealers may be spread out in WV but they are all over the place in NJ and NY. Additionally...I don't know of 1 landscape professional who doesn't fix there own blowers. When mine go down..I have them up in 15 minutes or so... Productivity equals money. How many 10 year old echo blowers do you see that have been running 30+ hours per week?
  7. wildbilly1113

mdlwn1 ,I have not used all of the types of blowers that have come down the pike and I bet you haven't either.I have used stihls, redmax, echo, shindaiwa, etc.. I have a stihl 110 4 mix running like brand new after 4 years and no valve adj. I have 2 650 echos that have been run every work day for 6 years with no problems. I probably got a bum 8001 because it will not outblow the old 650's. Relax, this is only one mans opinion and everbody has one.
  8. G.M.Landscaping

Well I drove out to this farther away dealer that had the redmax 8001. I demoed the 8001 and the shindi 8510. From all the hype from here, I thought it would be like strapping a 5HP little wonder on my back. Not so. I swear my echo pb650 was stronger.:confused:

We fueled them both up and I tested them both in the parking lot.
    Since I really couldn't test either of them in the real world of blowing big piles of leaves, but I really wanted to buy a new one, I made my decision. I went with the Shindaiwa Eb8510 with the hip throttle for $499.

After I got home I kept comparing the echo to the shindi. Couldn't tell much of a difference. Will have till wait until leaf cleanups.

My two closet dealers sell this for $599. Don't know why there $100 more than the other place I bought mine from.
  9. wildbilly1113

Good luck with the Shindaiwa,you will like it. Echo's best product are their blowers but I have a 210 hedge trimmer that I really like!