Where to buy a reel mower

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 95Z71, Aug 18, 2010.

1. chaser2587

chaser2587 LawnSite Member

Got an address for the place in cumming?

2. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

Just sent you a pm on the address...thanks

3. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Chase cam by this afternoon to look at it. Let me know.

4. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

Would like to thank Chase for taking the time out from his weekend to check on the TruCut...very nice of him to do that. Stand up kind of guy and I appreciate that.

I didn't know you were on this site...Chase said it was in good condition and was a good deal too. I am gonna get it from you.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. chaser2587

chaser2587 LawnSite Member

Glad I could help both of you out. I hope everything goes smooth for you guys.

6. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had experience with Uship.com? I'm just trying to find a way to get this mower shipped now? Thanks

7. TMarch

TMarch LawnSite Member

Used uship to ship an aerator 1000miles. Worked great. A farmer down the road contacted me and had to take a car to CO and picked it up for me on the way back. Just let your bid ride for a few days to see whats out there.

8. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

OK, just to give you guys an update:

I received my reel mower (C27) in February, took me a couple weeks to receive my mower (took some time finding a bidder on Uship).

Went to scalp my lawn in March and the mower dies out ever 30-60 seconds. Will even die out when you tip the mower back 45 degrees. I put some fuel treatment in the tank, and it still wants to cut out on me.

Seller said it was a good running mower and never had any problems with it. To this day, i've yet to cut my entire lawn with it. What do you guys suggest?

9. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

An engine has it's limits and it sounds like you are pushing them. If you are trying to scalp down your lawn, don't try to do it all in one pass. My tru-cut will bog down too if the grass is too thick to cut. The most you should be cutting off with your reel is 3/4 of a inch of turf at most, and even that is pushing it. Focus on getting the lawn weed and thatch free and level before you start reel mowing. Now is a good time to put out some pre-emergent.

If it is dyeing from normal use, it probably has a clogged jet or dirty fuel line.

10. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

If the mower dies under load that means the engine is running too lean. You need to richen up the fuel mixture.