Where to buy carb adjustment tool for Shindaiwa T242?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Alan0354, May 13, 2010.

1. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I need to buy the carb adjustment tool for my M242. The number believe to be 81362, but I have been searching all over the web and cannot find it. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

2. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you taken the tamper proof plug out yet? The reason why I ask is because the Walbro PDF mentioned the idle needle having a 2.5mm straight slot head. They may have gone to a head requiring a special tool; I don't know.

Hey Alan, would you like me to send you the Walbro PDF? I accidentally learned how to email Adobe PDFs. :D

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

No I have not done anything yet. The engine seems to need a bit longer to warmup lately, that's why I am looking ahead to buy the tool.

Yes, please sent me the PDF. Thanks.
    Alan

4. Merkava_4

You'll have to PM me your email address, but I promise not to give it to the CIA or immigration service. :D

5. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Is the carb adjustment tool the little red thing about 6 inches long. I think I have one that I never took out of the plastic.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Guess it won't help you but my dealer gave me one for the 2510 when I purchased 4 units. This one is a blue handle and the adjusting needle is kinda d shaped. I am guessing that this isn't a special tool.

7. Merkava_4

Is that d shaped or D shaped?

8. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

This thread goes on and on and on and on even in 2011.
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.
    Just order the D shaped tool for $20.00 to your doorhttp://www.edgeandengine.com/webstore/wecs.php?store=edge&action=searchadvanced&advancedsearch_words=91059 and be done with it.

9. Merkava_4

10. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

By EPA policy, that tool is not suppose to be sold to the general public, just registered dealers. It is a $32,000.00 (yes, 32 thousand) dollar fine if EPA catches you impropperly adjusting mixture screw. Applies to dealer and END USER!!!!