Where to buy chemicals

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by xtremelawn, Jan 13, 2008.

1. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

I was just wondering if there was anywhere other than LESCO to get my
    chemicals. It was not just fertilizer they went up on. They went up on just about everything. I am from the DFW area.

Thanks For The Help

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

You might wanna check with your rep because seed and chemicals didn't go up, at our local store they actually came down alittle this year.

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

X-treme,

There is a company called Estes. I buy some of my chemicals through them. There are only a couple branches within a couple hours of me but I believe there are several branches in your area. Lesco did go up on just about everything here. Some things about $1 other things over $20. Hope this helps.

4. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Estes is a good company to do business with. Also call United Agri Products in Irving.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You had me scared so I just called my Lesco man. I still have a couple ton of grass seed to buy and a 55 gal of Three Way and neither has gone up!

6. ted putnam

I went in the other day and MOP 0-0-62 up $0.41, 3-way up $2, simazine up $20. You may use simazine on your corn but I doubt you use it on your lawns being that they are Fescue and Bluegrass, so your OK...Don't Panic!:laugh:

7. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Potassium is going through the roof as I am writing this.

8. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

Your local farmers coop, or feed supplier.

9. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

Does anyone know if Estes sells fertilizer? I wend to their web site and it list a lot of chemicals but no fertilizer was listed.
    I also found out today that Revolver 1 qt went from $177 two weeks ago to $215 today. I'm not sure but i don't think Revolver going up has anything to do with oil prices. Thanks for all the help.

10. ted putnam

I believe they do sell granulars. You'd have to check with them to be sure though. I had a ton of UFLEXX delivered to my local co-op from them. Technically, it is a granular. However it is a stabilized nitrogen 46-0-0 I will be tank mixing.