Where to buy compression gauge?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by harrywat, Jun 17, 2008.

1. harrywat

harrywat LawnSite Member

The engine is a Mitsubishi diesel, L3E installed in a Toro Workman. I would like to purchase a Compression tester that will fit this and another Mitsubishi diesel engine, K3D I will soon have. I tried Auto Zone and NAPA with no results.

Antone with a good source for me?

Thanks.
    Jim

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

They don carrie them or they wont fit your engine?

3. harrywat

harrywat LawnSite Member

Auto Zone said they did not have them for diesels. NAPA had a book with quite a few listed but could not determine my injector thread size. The ones in the book were for 14 and 18 MM and he said mine was close to 20.

Thanks for your response, maybe someone can provide a source.

Jim

4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Jim:
    Can't you just buy a rubberized end, hold it tight to the injector hole, then have another person crank the engine over? It wouldn't be as accurate, but would probably get you pretty close.

5. harrywat

harrywat LawnSite Member

Thanks Two Seasons. The only rubberized testers (and I have one) I've seen are for gasser's and only go to about 300 psi. A diesel gage will go to 1000 psi. If mine is a good engine, it should read about 350 psi.

Thanks.
    Jim

6. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

SnapOn, Mac, Cornwell.........

ericg likes this.
  7. jrsavoie

jrsavoie LawnSite Member

I bought a Mityvac diesel compression tester for my 6.5 diesels. They had the adapter for the Mitsubishi L3E's for about $8 shipped

8. jrsavoie

jrsavoie LawnSite Member

I am assuming the round holes in the precups for my mitsubishi L3E engine in the Toro are NOT supposed to be through holes.

Looks to me like they probably somehow hold the precups. Is that right or a friend thought that the hole was supposed to be below the glow plugs and there was supposed to be access to the cylinders.

Thanks

Toro precup 001.jpg

Toro precup 002.jpg

Toro precup 003.jpg