1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy diamond blade packs and get a free saw....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SPLC, Jan 25, 2007.

1. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

I've searched and evidently they are in the hardscape mags. Of course, at this moment I don't have one - what company offers this package?

Thanks for any help.
  2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Diamond Blade Warehouse, Quality diamond tools....both are dot com
  3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I buy my blades at harbor freight. they cost $30 a piece. Last just as long as the brand name brands.
  4. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Send a link please.
  5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa Whoa Whoa, NOT SO FAST!

Couple of things about diamond blade sales:

1. Just about all companies that sell diamond blades, will give you a free saw. Folks - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE ANYTHING.

(I buy our blades from a company in FL called World Diamond Source. You Maryland contractors need to call World Diamond Source and tell the MARYLAND sales rep that Outdoor Finishes referred you.)

Over the years I have become phone buddies with the my sales reps.

And about 2 years ago, my sales rep explained how the "free saw" scenerio works. Long story short - you ARE paying for that saw.

2. You can buy blades for next to nothing. But they will not last long, nor will they hold up long. The blades I buy from World Diamond Source are called 'Turbo Segmented Blades'. We use them for cutting pavers, block, concrete slabs, asphalt, and once in a while rebar and thin steel. They cost around $225 each. But they DO last a long long time for us.

We have used other blades. Some have come apart (due to us not using them as for intended). Some have worn out right fast. But the one that serves is best are the 'Turbo Segmented Blade'.

World Diamond Source accepts credit cards, C.O.D, and if you have good credit - they may allow you to open an account.

They can even send you a NICE, Glossy, 4-color catalog. And I mention this because most other blade suppliers are so shoddy they dont even take the time to put together any decent sales literature.

Let me ask a question:

1. How many of you have been having blades sent to you from the same supplier for AT LEAST 3 years?

2. OK, now....how many of you that buy blades and have them shipped to you have ever met your diamond blade sales rep???

I'd bet *NONE* :weightlifter:

About 2 years ago, my sales rep from WORLD DIAMOND (who has since moved on to another line of work) came to MD, met with his clients, and even bought me lunch!

Anyone that makes that effort to come see their clients face to face gets my support.

But, if you want a "Free Saw" - GO FOR IT! But keep in mind - YOU ARE PAYING FOR THAT SAW. FACT!
  6. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Thanks for the replies. I was skeptical of the deal, but I wanted to understand how the diamond blade market works. I know there are a million opinions on blades, this deal caught my interest.

The information is much appreciated. Thanks to everyone.
  7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy all my blades from Diamond Blade Warehouse. Have since day one. Andrew is correct about the free saw thing. It's a joke.
    NMS - I will put your $30 blade against my $200 blade any day (and I mean DAY, because that's about how long your's would last in the real world.

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I buy from Joe Wizard from Garden State Diamound blades.

Hands down the blades i get from him are the best i ever used. I belive i pay around $125 for a standard turbo segmental blade.

These blades last twice as long as the redmax blades i was buying before for 250.

I'd highly recommened him to anyone. He has great service and you can call and order blades like 18 hours a day 7 days a week. You talk to him, not a secertary or awnsering machine!

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we got into a pinch a while back and went to lowes and bought a dewalt 14" diamond blade. It was about $140.00....

that thing has lasted forever...
  10. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Ive been buying from Diamond Blade Warehouse, with very good success. The two places DVS and Mrusk mentioned also have good reputations, but I have never bought from them.
    DVS and Mrusk either of you guys ever bought from Diamond Blade warehouse or the other place your not buying from (Joe wizard or World Diamond) if so, how do you compare?