Where to Buy Enclosed Trailers Within Distance of St. Louis, MO?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SLC LLC, Nov 30, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to purchase either a 8.5' x 20' or 8'5' x 24' enclosed trailer. I have sought out suggestions on various options through this site, and received excellent feedback. I have heard about the extended tongue, fuel doors on the side, and the roller wheels on the back.

I have gotten some prices from suppliers around the Illinois side of St. Louis, and I think that these prices are rather high. Does anyone have a dealer that they deal with that could provide something like this? I am willing to drive a few hours for pick-up if need be if the price is considerably less.

I may also be interested in a dump trailer too that I could get from the same supplier if they are willing to work a deal. I know that we all have people e work in close contact with, so if someone has a good contact - please let me know.

Thanks!

2. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

There is about 4 trailer manufacturing places down around Sikeston, MO. Don't know how much this actually helps you but I think there prices are very reasonable. The good thing is you can go from one to the other all at the same time.

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I can't recommend Sikeston trailers, usually very shoddy workmanship. If you're looking for a trailer go to www.maxwelltrailers.com in Mexico, Mo...........Lynn

4. SLC  LLC

T.T.T. please

5. Hummer

Hummer LawnSite Member

StriperPro,

Have you checked out the trailer sales at the intersection of Hwy-94 & Central School Road here in St. Charles county? It's in the industrial park on the Ease side of Hwy-94.

Just found their website: http://www.midwest-trailer.com/

6. SLC  LLC

Hummer - thanks for the heads up. I will have to run over the next week.

7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Did you say that you had checked out the places east of st.louis? Im about 15 mins east of Stl and we have a couple local dealers loaded with enclosed trailers. I've never bought anything but parts from them but I know they carry alot of the top brands

8. SLC  LLC

I have been trying to find enclosed trailers. Everyone has given ideas such as fuel doors on the side, an extended tongue, etc. Does this mean the trailer has to be a special order trailer, or does someone know where these are made at already like this?