where to buy filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Sep 29, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering if anyone knows a online site that you can buy oil and air filters. specifically 15hp kawi engines.

2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I always use napa filters. They dilver them to my shop and i am done with it.

3. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

filter1.com Wix filters, free shipping, inventory stocking service and excellent service & prices. Kaw. oil filter $3.99, Air filter $4.72

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

This does not answer your question, but you can get high quality filters at autopart stores for you Kaw. I get mine from advanced auto, Purelator Pure one is what I use, super filter and cheaper then the Kaw brand to boot.

Jay

5. Tidbit of info....

You will void your warrenty with other brands of filters.

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

LG

Can you post info to support this? I have never heard this before, and rather doubt it. My mower had been in numerous times for engine trouble, and it had a Purelator on and the dealer never questioned it at all, all under warrentee. I have never read such a thing. I believe for oil, long as it meets or exceeds the specs for the oil reccomended for the engine it will be covered no questions asked. Heck some Toro's don't even come with a filter I am told.

Jay

7. Read your engine warrenty.

The call is on your dealer, if he says no, then you are screwed, you think the MFG go and check every claim?

8. PartsGuy

PartsGuy LawnSite Member

Not to cause a stirring debate on what is and what is not warrantable under engine manufacturing guidelines, but it is not going to void your warranty by using aftermarket air filters.

I was a rep for a local Service Distributor for many years and went through this with Briggs & Stratton.

They will try to tell you that they will not warranty the engine, but there have been court cases involved across the country concerning this issue. To date no engine manufacture has won a single case.

Take Care,

PartsGuy

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawngodfather,

Partsguy is right, under the Magnason-Moss warranty act you have the right under law to use whatever aftermarket parts you may choose. Anyone who tells you different is nothing more than misinformed or a bald faced liar, PERIOD!!!