where to buy hand tools

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gman2310, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am looking for a place to buy hand tools (shovels, rakes and etc) online. Or does everyone just buy home depot and lowes stuff. Looking for decent prices.

2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I will grab stuff from Lowes, HD or even Ewing.

3. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

I go to one of my local suppliers, they sell tools at a discount to contractors in the warehouse area. They also have the more heavy duty tools in the warehouse, that is beneath the main store. I get a regular fiberglass shovel for $9, wooden handle shovel is $10, good mulch rakes $20-25. They have one piece welded steel spades starting at $75 for a long handle.

-Michael

4. jlcrox2

jlcrox2 LawnSite Member

I've used Lowes and AMLeonard. IMO, if you want high quality that lasts, find someone who deals Wolverine tools. Their steel tools will take a beating and last a while, or forever if used right.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

One of the best line of tools comes from w.w. Manufacturing Co. Inc. at 1-800-452-5547 I don't think you can buy from their web site but you can get catalog and then phone. I got a couple and the handles are steel. It is the kind of thing that will last a lifetime.

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member