Where to buy Herbicide mixing jugs reasonable

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jul 29, 2009.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys,

After the spring and early summer rounds of squirts, I have already grown tired of 'mixing on the fly' with my small backpack operation. What a pain, and does not look all that professional either.

I would like to take 1/2 step up, and purchase some 4 -5 gallon poly mixing jugs in which I will premix 3-way+sticker (or other chems as needed) at home - therefore enabling me to simply pour into my backpack on the job. This would be a good time and energy saver for now, until I assess if I want to step up to a skid/ride-on for next season.

Where can I purchase these types of jugs? Would preferrably like to do online with someone reputable. Thanks!

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Bump - this is an easy question I think, someone out there has to have a lead.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

not sure this is what your asking but you could google Jeg's or Summit racing and take a look at their different color assortment of racing fuel jugs, one color for each pre-mix maybe?...i bought some a while ago for giant scale R/C..if it's not jegs/summit just google race fuel jugs and you should find it,
    steve

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

You can put it in anything. Just don't get caught ,big fines.

5. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

I asked my chemical supplier this exact same question for the exact same reasons, he said he stopped selling mix and pour containers because it was against epa regulations to have the chemicals in anything but original containers.

You can get them from Crate and Barrel :)

6. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is the same way here but you can put chem in different containers. You just need to have the label on the container.

7. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

Edit, The Container Store.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just got a supplycatalog sent to me (actually 2) from this company I've never heard of, bu man,..they have EVERYthing. These jugs are n their catalog, too. I'll go see what the catalog is....
    ok,...they are called ULINE. they are actually a shipping supply outfit. Boxes, conveyers, bags, all sorts of things. Cool catalog. Go to their website www.uline.com and look under material handling, then look under pails. They have the screw on lids with pour spouts in 3.5 and 5 gallon sizes. They also carry the jugs like the chem jug we get, but they only go up to 2.5 gallon. These are what I use to carry my water in for refilling the PG.

9. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

northern tool, white jugs, 5 gals. I've used them for premixed round up soultions before. Just buy gas cans. Sounds like you're a one man op so it would only be you to ell the difference.

10. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

Why not just use tip n pour containers for the chemicals and a larger jug for water. The tip n pours make measuring a very quick task.

Less mixed up solution in the truck when you are traveling, less chance for a spill.