Where to buy Lesco Fert Spreaders?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbmillion, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jbmillion

jbmillion LawnSite Member
    from RI

Where'd ya get em and how much? anywhere online?
    Im looking for the Lesco 80lb spreader

2. anthonyslandscaping

anthonyslandscaping LawnSite Member

John Deere Landscape bought Lesco last year. You can go to any JDL dealer and get one.

80lbs. Speader new $389.00

3. ro1207

ro1207 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Actually the JDL does not sell the original "Lesco" spreader any more. They have a duplicate one produced in China for less. You can still find the original one at any Cub Cadet Commercial dealer. Cub Cadet had been making this spreader for Lesco forever and JDL cut them out when they purchased Lesco. The Cub Cadet model is a much better built model in my opinion and priced competitively.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's very interesting. I was not aware of this.

5. ro1207

ro1207 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Most people are not aware of this

6. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

Yeah I would agree. If you can get your hands on the older better built spreaders, that is the way to go. If you look at the new JDL version closely, you can see the difference. It just looks cheap. The price is still the same though in my area. $389.00 It's funny how the same product built with cheaper parts can cost the consumer the same. :dizzy:

7. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

There were two on ebay this morning.

8. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

$349 here for a Cub Cadet 20 more for a cover

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Wow... I thought I had heard wrong about them outsourcing the spreaders to china. I saw some as I was walking by them at my "lesco" (I still call it that) and thought they were the same spreaders.

Talked to my guy there and he said that JDL is selling a "Lesco" line of mowers now too. But it's NOT cub cadet pro. He said the new machines are overpriced junk and they had them painted the old Lesco green and stuck Lesco stickers on them. He said he told them it would NEVER fly, but they did it anyway. No one that likes lesco mowers is going to contine to buy them if they are crap just because they have a Lesco decal. They will just move on to Cub.

10. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

much better spreader is the Anderson/Scotts spreader