where to buy oil and air filters, other than my dealer??

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GarPA, Oct 28, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

COuld you guys point me towards a couple of online suppliers of Kawi oil and air filters?...I think someone mentioned recently they found oil filters that fit at like an auto parts store?? Maybe I misunderstood that one 'cause I cant imagine Auto Zone having these but maybe I'm wrong...thanks

online would be fine

2. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

The engine manf. dont make there filters. They are made by other companys to there specs. We use for example, wix and hastings filters that are bought at our local auto parts store.There are several aftermarket filters that can be bought in just about any area of the country. I think that you should stay with a name brand filter when going after market.

3. GarPA

from PA

I did a search on the web and found a site called Jacks Small Engine Repair..they say they have a million parts in inventory.
    They sell STENS oil filters...are they ok?

John Deere site says we have to buy their filters thru a dealer....nope.....I;m done buying anything from mr dealer

Deere is what I'm using now

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I buy all filters thru www.filter1.com, all but the filter to fit my kaw 23 hp. hopefully they will start making for this model, there wix brand filters. I buy for 2 polaris quads, 2 diesel p/u's, car, 1 w/b, and 2 ztr riders, one w/kaw, and the other which is Generac motors. They are quick to ship, and its free shipping if you buy 6 or more at a time, reasonable also.

5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If you have a NAPA near you, check them out. They can get the majority of parts you need for maintenance. You may be able to get a commercial discount also. They also may be able to deliver right to your shop/house.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I buy fram 4967 from wal-mart for 2.99ea.Fits all kaw 5-27hp.--air filters,JThomas..

8. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Wriken. You can't beat filter1 for price and selection, and they use Wix filters. This is a no brainer, do not use fram filters unless it's an emergency. No comparison between a fram and a wix. You pay for what you get.................Lynn

9. Keith Howells

Keith Howells LawnSite Member

Napa carries the oil filters. I buy most of the rest from either J. Thomas or Jacks Small Engines. Been pleased with their service. They send the stuff out right away.

J. Thomas went out of their way to get me a couple of spare belts for my Ferris hydro. Had them to me within 4 days. I won't deal with the local Ferris guy anymore.

10. GarPA

from PA

NAPA...no kidding...didnt think they'd have these size filters...thanks for the tips guys