Where to buy picket fencing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KevinACrider, Jul 2, 2008.

1. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

I have a fence job coming up and I am having a hard time finding the pieces to built it. I'm looking for just your standard dog eared wooden picket fence and neither of the big box stores have anything. Where do you guys purchase this stuff?

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

When you're saying big box stores, I assume you're referring to HD and Lowes. HD carries those pickets here. I'd check your local lumber yard and see what they have available.

3. KevinACrider

Yea, big box stores as in HD and Lowes. I checked with HD and they only had (in my area) sections put together but they were extremely poor quality.

4. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

I buy 8' sections at Lowes or you can buy the pickets seperate.

5. KevinACrider

Which 8' sections do you buy? The only ones I found were these:

[​IMG]

6. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

No those aren't the ones. Go online to lowes.com com, then go to store locator for zip code 27592 or 27502 and search fences.

7. KevinACrider

8. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

well you know they carry it see if they will order it for you. Hell its the same company.

9. KevinACrider

Yea, I called them this morning and they are supposed to put me in the touch with some kind of manager, or whatever, to see if I can get the pieces ordered. I don't know why the wouldn't stock that in every store. I would think it would be a heavy seller.