Where to buy products online?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dallas Turf, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any ideas of where to buy Herbicides and Fungicides on line? I have been getting some ridiculous pricing quotes from lesco this year on chemicals. Estes has been dragging their feet returning my quote and I don't know of any other vendors in the Dallas Tx area. Yes I am licensed.

Thank You
    Jason

2. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Good Morning Jason,

We are still small and most of our chemicals we buy from our main sub-contractor at cost *he is so good to us :) * But there has been occasions that we needed to purchase chemicals quickly. For these times we have always found what we needed at Home Depots landscape supply center.

Home Depot Landscape Supply

Hope the link works but if it doesn't go to Homedepot.com and click on look for hd landscape supply stores.

They service both the professional *yes they check for a license* and the everyday consumer and have a pretty big selection.

Hope this helps :waving:

3. Dallas Turf

No offense but I need a real supplier. the folks at landscape supply are clueless and don't carry a broad range of chemicals, and by the way they have all of their commercial grade products on clearance they are getting out of the commercial applicator supply business

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

AM Leonard perhaps.

5. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

No offense taken Jason :)

We are still small and most of our chemicals we get from our subbie.

Is Home Depot getting totally out of the commercial app end of things? I know they closed down several of their locations but thought that they were leaving some of their stores open......everything on clearance you say???? Wonder how much they have left?

Good luck in finding that supplier and perhaps in a few years when we are in your position you will pass on that contact :waving:

6. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

7. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.. that place is just down the road from us.. like maybe 2 miles. A few of the guys have been in the shop at one time or another.. but I never thought about what they did.. I see now the one near us is a retail one too.

8. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Berans - I was told the UAP ofc in Taylor dropped their landscape product line and is now strictly ag. I called them in Feb, and got forwarded up to the regional ofc in the Metroplex. Too bad. I like UAP's fert line a lot. Several fert blends manufactured by Lebanon under UAP's name.

Dallas - UAP is worth serious consideration. I believe their local ofc for you is in Arlington.

9. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

But I'm surprised to hear about Estes. They usually give me great service, and they've been great to work with. Good pricing too.

10. Dallas Turf

Quiet,
    Estes got back with me yesterday after I had started this thread and gave me some great pricing that the guys at lesco could not believe.