Where to buy Red Max 8000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sir Sel, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Sir Sel

Sir Sel LawnSite Member

New to the business guys. From the information I've read and I agree to buy the better products once. I'm having a hard time purchasing the Red Max blower. Went to their website and 3 of the 5 dealers in my area either don't carry Red Max any longer or will have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. :dizzy: Any suggestions? Would like to get one asap for the leaves.

Also considering the Exmark metro hp wp as my first commerical mower. The Metro comes with the option of Kaw of Kohler 15hp engines the Metro HP (Kaw only) with the floating deck (worth it?) Which one of these packages and which deck size would you chose considering I'll probably won't being doing commerical accounts for a while? I would guess 1/4 to 1 acre lot sizes.

Thanks

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Metro HP 48" with 15hp Kawasaki, then add a Velke X2 two wheel sulky (ride-on attachment) or a Jungle Jim's Jungle Wheels 2 wheel sulky, either one will be an excellent choice for that mower. Also consider an Accelerator grass/leaf catcher for it, the XL is extra large which is a nice size holds alot. Never used one but hear lots of good about them on here so must be worth getting. The floating deck on the Metro HP will be great to have. I've had fixed deck mowers like the Metro and floating deck mowers, definately prefer floating deck but if budget is tight fixed deck is fine too especially if you don't need to change cutting heights frequently. Exmark makes a fine machine, I have had great luck with mine, awesome cut and beautiful stripe. Great reliablity and durability, no problems at all that i can think of. If you don't mind used machines, consider doing what i did and get a used hydro drive one. I got a Turf Tracer HP 52" 17hp Kawasaki for $2000 in pretty good shape, last July. This spring i got a 52" Ferris ZTR rider so i sold the 32" Gravely walk behind that i had (belt drive fixed deck, old and shot didn't cut so great) and put a 36" deck on my eXmark, now it's a 36" Turf Tracer HP 17hp. It's a beast, love that thing. But if you are looking only for something new, a 48" Metro HP would be maybe the best bang for the buck. If you can afford a hydro drive definately get one instead of a belt drive. If you go with hydro drive, your machine can now handle a nicer sulky, so check into the TrimmerTrap Bull Rider sulky or the Proslide. I have a Proslide and like it fine. It's nice in that it stripes like mad, folds up instantly on it's own when you do not want/need to ride due to conditions or property layout, and when you are riding on it, it keeps you right behind the controls instead of pivoting like a 2 wheel sulky i mentioned using on a belt drive. Drawbacks to the Proslide are that it will wear the skid plate out faster to drive over hard surfaces a whole lot (i routinely go over driveways and sidewalks no problem but i wouldn't cruise across a parking lot with it), which is $35 to replace each time. Also the springs on it are a pain if they break it's annoying to replace them but i keep a few on hand for spares. However, no flat tires ever. The BullRider sulky is a sulky that has swivel wheels on it so it keeps you behind the handlebars at all times and you can backup on it without stepping off or jacknifing (gotta step off of the Proslide to backup). it can be switched over to a regular 2 wheel sulky like the ones i said to use on the Metro, just by switching a couple pins. However it's larger and heavier and you'll have to remove it to use it as a walk behind mower i beleive. The 2 wheel ones that pivot you can just tie up to the handlebars with a cable or chain (i think they come with this).
    So you have gobs of choices there as well. Of course you get what you pay for, regular 2 wheel sulkies are under $200 i beleive, or under $250 depending where you get them. The BullRider and Proslide are $350 or so.

have fun shopping!

I have a RedMax EBZ8000RH (right hand/tube mount throttle, my preference) got it for $470 delivered to my door. I ordered it Tuesday of last week and got it Friday afternoon. Email Travis at Landscape Supply redmaxman@hotmail.com or call him at 1-254-753-7900 he said that deal is good for anyone over the phone with credit card. They are out of Waco, Texas. Good guy to deal with, many others on here had success with him as well.

3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Second that...

4. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How does this Travis guy do this?

I went to a dealer in the USA and he said his purchase price is $ 470. :dizzy:

What gives???

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I just recently bought a brand new Metro HP, If you would like some pictures of it, or any type of info about it, email me at Petr51488@aol.com - Peter

6. Sir Sel

Sir Sel LawnSite Member

Many thanks Frankenscag. All appreciated advice. Gonna call Travis on Monday.

Peter I've got an exmark catalog right by the bed. It's the last thing I look at before :sleeping: Still may drop you a email though

7. wagner17

wagner17 LawnSite Member

I bought a EBZ8000 for $459 from my dealer. This may also be due to the fact that I just bought a mower as well. As a matter of fact, I bought all of my equipment for $7500. Good dealers make a huge difference as I am finding out. I bought all of the lawn equipment in the signature below (except the Honda mower) for the above price. I was a very happy man!

8. medimac

medimac LawnSite Member

Sir Sel, I work in the Baltimore area of Maryland and one of the guys I work with is a Redmax dealer/repairer. He can sell the Redmax 8000 for $525. One thing you need to watch buying over the internet is that if you have a problem with the equipment and you take it to a dealer in your area they might put you on the backburner to get it repaired quickly since it wasn't bought from them(this is my experience anyways).
    From the price structure that he showed me it looks like if the dealer buys 1-2, 2-4 blowers they pay so much for the blower and so on. The guy on the net is probably buying 14 or more and getting the blower for less so he can sell it for less.

9. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Good insight medimac...That makes sense.

Thanks for sharing!

:waving:

10. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

My local guy selld it for 550 plus tax. However I have bought all but one of my mowers from the local guy.. If he decides that i need to wait in line for the 8000 then I'll decide its time to start shopping at another shop....

I see your point if you are a walk in, but if these are the local shops you deal with thats BS... I have one mower that was not purchased from my dealer and he treats it as his own..

I guess it all has to do with how well you know your service manager.....