where to buy sprinkler parts??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassmanak, Jan 18, 2008.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Im curious where you guys are buying your stuff from, we have a Reams here i can get various things, but would like to buy some bulk stuff online and save the money. Also i need to get decked out for blowout time, i need to get various connectors, valves, guages and other things, any ideas where?? Thanks
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Support your local supply house and they will support you. :)
  3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I get all my irrigation and lighting parts from JD landscapes. 90% of the parts I buy are the same or less than online. Do any of the online places participate in the occasional Hunter and Rain bird promotional sales?
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Rainbird will not give points on product bought online or at Big Box stores. Supply house style only.
  5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

and Hunter will only give points for product purchased thru your local supplier.
    When you spend your $ local it has a much better chance of ending up back in your own pocket.
  6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Buying online for some is better depending on your price level at your local supplier and if you have to pay sales tax. So if you save 5-10% buying online plus you pay 8% tax then you are saving 13%-18% and the last time I checked RainBird and hunter reward points never were in that neighborhood. And what if the company is a 45 minute plus drive each way. There are Pro's and Con's to everything. I know that in the last two years I have gone through 100's of thousands of dollars in supplies and still I can get better deals online. Also know that I don't see my company hitting the growth $$ goals over the next few years that RainBird and Hunter likes to see before they kick in the nice rewards. I found this company this past year for poly pipe and I saved $15 bucks a roll over the 3 local suppliers.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Buying poly pipe online? Hmmmmmmmm. ;)
  8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It kind of cracks me up when I see an eBay auction for a roll of poly. Hard to UPS one of those.
  10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Don’t forget the home depot :drinkup: