Where to buy sprinkler system/parts?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bsg2580, May 28, 2007.

1. bsg2580

bsg2580 LawnSite Member
    from CT

What is the best place to buy a system and the required parts online? I am looking for a 6 zone setup and I would like to find a source that might be there next year so I can get replacements when there is a problem.

I have seen Sprinkler.com and others like it but I am new and hope to not get completely ripped off by purchasing junk for big $.

What brand and where to buy?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

2. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Use Hunter rotors, rainbird sprays and a rainbird clock.

3. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

Good list, I would say Rainbird valves too.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a believer of online sprinkler stuff...don't you have a parts house in
    your area that deals with contractors? That way, something goes bad, they'll
    eat it....big boxes not a good place to shop for top-of-the-line parts.Plus, if
    the dealer wants your biz, they'll give you honest advice & you'll learn..I did. :waving:

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

6. Mike Leary

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather see him buy quality parts than to come back on here complaining about what he bought at Home Depot or Lowes, and trying to figure how to use them, and why they stopped working properly.

I guess it still doesn't guarantee that it will be designed and installed properly, but the parts should be quality.

8. Mike Leary

I did suggest he bypass the big boxes,,what ......no distributors anymore??
    :cry:

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Most my distributors won't sell to a home owner. He did not state if he was a contractor or not.

10. Mike Leary

Most of mine will sell to anyone......when I first started..there was a sign on
    the door..."To the trade only"...Jeez I miss those days!