Where to buy Walker mower parts

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by weedmoney, Mar 8, 2013.

1. weedmoney

weedmoney LawnSite Member
    from MA

Where do you guys buy your parts from. I have looked online and am not happy with the results. Any suggestions?

2. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

Very few online companies carry Walker parts. And what they carry is nothing major. Did you try J-Thomas.com? We are held captive by the dealers and the pricing varies from dealer to dealer. Walker replacement parts are not cheap.

3. weedmoney

from MA

I found a couple of places that I am ordering from
    http://www.mbmowerparts.com
    http://www.psep.biz/index.htm

I will try J-Thomas.com thanks
    It seems like there is a market for a good online walker dealer. There is definitely a need for one. I have a dealer close but like you I don't like being held captive by prices.

4. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I ordered blower from mbmowerparts.com and a couple other little parts. It was cheaper than buying from my dealer and having it shipped with other misc parts

5. weedmoney

from MA

6. weedmoney

from MA

Just so you know I'm not some parts business pushing my business. I bought a 2000 mt20 with 2400 hours this winter with a rebuilt kohler command 20 hp . I got a good deal on it, but it needs some tlc. Tires, PTO shaft cover, little things. There is a Dealer close by, the guy I used to work for went there and did nothing but complain about prices.

I upgraded from a bobcat WB with 18hp Kawasaki. These are great mowers, the only thing is Leaf Cleanups take forever with the accelerator grass catcher. I plan to keep the WB as a back up to the Walker being that its got some time in the game.

7. HorticultureSolutions

HorticultureSolutions LawnSite Member
    from USA

I have found a site that sells walker mower parts and even has a pretty good parts lookup system. The site is www.calturfequipment.com

8. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

calturfequipment might be a nice resource if you don't have a dealer nearby. I checked some items I recently got prices on and my local dealer was less expensive. Many wear items, bearings, bushings, some belts can be purchased at industrial supply places. My local welder has been great at keeping the blower going nearly forever. I've even had the cast iron gearbox for the drive tires repaired locally. I let one run out of oil once.

9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Dude.... you don't know about George O Hayes??????
    You're welcome....

10. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

:)...........I know their deck pin bushings are a good price. I paid double thru dealer a month ago.:hammerhead:

Blades were a decent price also.