1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy xmas lights direct

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by shade tree landscaping, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

2. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have heard of them. Spent the weekend looking for commercial grade products - skylines, pole mounts. I thought that they have a fair variety, so I also sent a request for dealer info.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

replied to your pm.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Every year I see LiteSource and Novelty Lights at the TNLA show. I think these are two of the more contractor oriented places with more wholesale type prices. Their C7 LED price of $1.03 with a minimum order of 500 is what I'm looking at currently. The HBL price is 98 cents (up from 89 cents last year) but you have to buy 1000 bulbs which is a grand.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

The prices on the website are retail prices that are higher then HBL, LiteSource, or Novelty Lights. I emailed them to see if they had a wholesale price list.

6. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I just received an order yesterday. HBL was completely out of 18" bows as of the first. A little birdie told me to contact these guys. I did the dealer paperwork. Last evening I did some of the math with regards to HBL vs. Christmas Designers. I will sum it up as this, it is very much worth checking into for a additional supplier.

7. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Ha I did the same thing last night..

8. PlantscapeSolutions

All I looked at was the C7 LED's and they were $1.38 versus HBL's 98 cents. Was the pricing on the website the best they could do? I didn't see any wholesale info but I sent them an email to inquire.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

guys, it is against forum rules to post what wholesale prices you pay. customers can read this forum. tools, trucks, and marketing pricing is fine, but on wholesale good prices, or stuff you sell in the course of your business please don't post specific prices. The Moderators will remove the pricing. thanks, dave g

10. CleanCut1

CleanCut1 LawnSite Member

Addicted - Thanks for the info. about the bows from Christmas Designers. My shipment came in yesteday and the bows look great.