1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cenlo, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Where is the best internet site for purchasing Hunter and Rainbird products? Service, return policy, and price!
    Thanks, in advance.

I currently pay $16.00 canadian plus tax 15% and freight for Hunter pgp adj. Thats about $16.00 USD to my door! I live on the border so I would ship to my U.S. address.
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I will sell you pgps for 12 dollars each plus shipping .
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Oh behave. There's a supplier someone mentioned earlier that will give you a nine bucks a PGP price, delivered, with a five hundred dollar minimum.
  4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have a Lawn & Landscape mag infront of me right now (they have a web site too), but there is an outfit in there advertising 7.95 PGP's. I just can't remember which one. If no one else has it right off the bat, I'll look this afternoon and find it.
  5. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Radius: 22 - 52 ft

PGP-ATR Hunter

Hunter Hunter PGP-ATR Series Rotor
    • Rotor includes Complete set of Nozzles, adjustment tool & Instructions. Easily Upgrade Impact Sprinklers to Modern Gear Drive Technology. 4" version of the world's best selling rotor. Reversing full-and part-circle adjustment 40° – 360°.
    $13.40 $11.20
    Check Ship Rates

Volume Price Information
    Buy 20 or more and pay $11.15 each (save $2.25 each)
  6. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using MTI out of San Dimas , CA . 1-800-600-8873. They will put PGP'S at your door for $9.00. Free shipping on orders over $500.

John :blob3:
  7. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

Bought 10 cases of RainBird rotors from MTI this summer, great shipping, great prices on many items, BUT just do not ask them to stand behind the warranty on the heads, then they IGNORE your e-mails, and calls. Guess you just have to weigh price per head versus service from your local distributor.
  8. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks For The Info :)
  9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

It's not the "correct" answer, but buy two cases from the local guy and then assume all your failures are from those 40 heads. He MIGHT get the hint. I mean you wouldn't go to that much trouble if you weren't saving so much, now would you?
  10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think next spring I will be ordering from MTI for some things. I looked into it this year, but then UGM gave me great pricing on things. Now they are John Deers and my pricing completely changed int he last two weeks. MTI has great pricing on rotrs, and the ESP controller we use.