where to buy

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by turbo5560, Jan 14, 2008.

1. tadhussey

tadhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Just want to set the record straight that Alaska Magic and Alaska Humus are 2 different companies. Alaska Magic or "Denali gold" is sold by Tim Felegy and Alaska Humus is from Jeff Lownefels. Both proprietors claim to get their product from similar sources (Tim used to get AH from Jeff and sell that but they had a falling out).

I have not compared the two products side by side because it is very difficult to get unless you order in extremely large quantities. In know Jeff is in the process of setting up distributors to the lower 48 but haven't heard anything since June on that one.

I'm not sure who is affiliated with the Arctic Humus....

~Tad

PS: in my opinion they are all fairly comparable products at this point in time.

2. stimpy

stimpy LawnSite Member

turbo5560. You live about 15 miles from one of the largest turkey farms in the country. Bil-mar. They may have somebody local who is composting poultry manure.

3. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Miller.
    What is a good "LOCAL"(Illinois) company to get compost from?

4. Gerry Miller

Gerry Miller LawnSite Senior Member

Elaine made a mistake????? It couldn't have been you, right Tim. I'll still take Dr. Ingham's word for it, thank you.

Like I've already stated, they are two different companies selling the same thing.

5. Gerry Miller

Gerry Miller LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use compost any more on my lawn. I purchase compost tea kits from KIS for my AACT. But if you have someone local that sells compost, make sure it has been tested and contains the biology you need.

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Perfect
    I do not know where you are located but try these guys, looks like a great product
    http://www.compostmatters.com/organimix.asp
    There is also the US composting council, but I have tried their website several times but it is not working for some reason today

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, well unless she disagrees with you on global warming as being a hoax perpetuated by far left radical extremists. You told her to stick to what she knows.

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: Did this really happen? Gerry disagreeing with Dr. Ingham?

10. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Not in a million years, next time I see her I am going to ask her to say something completely rediculous and send it to Gerry

Barry is referring to other threads that Gerry started