Where To Find A Good Used Mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Billroy436, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Billroy436

Billroy436 LawnSite Member

I've mowed yards commercially for the last 8 years and am getting ready to start my own lawncare business. I'm not wanting to drop the change on a new mower just yet. I'm looking for a good used Scag, Dixie, or Hustler. Let me know if anyone knows of a good place to start looking or maybe you have one for sale????

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I too am looking for a used walkbehind, looking at the big Ferris,60"/ 23hp and 18" wheels but cost is around $6300. Then I talked to a guy who used to work for the national lawn care company called Brickman They are about in every state now. When their mowers get 600 hours on them, they sell them! I can get a Exmark turf tracer 61"/23hp and around 600hrs. for $2300. They sell their ZTR's also, they go for around $4000. with the same hours. Im not sure which model though, Im sure its not the entry level model though.but we would never use ZTR's, walkbehinds are so much more versatile.PM me back if interested, I can put you in contact with someone.GOOD LUCK!

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to Bill's Sales in Springfield and talk to Alex he will fix you up with a good machine! Plus he is the only one in town with service after the sale!

5. Billroy436

Billroy436 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the answers guys. MIKEKLE- I don't know how to PM. I am interested in that Brickman place. I looked online and they do have a location in St. Louis. WREBELMACHINE---- Is Bill's sales that shop over off west Grand, just west of Kansas Expy?

6. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Save yourself a lot of grief and go talk to alex rebel is right you will not be better treated in this area than him! Mostly he will usually have used what he sells which is mainly Dixie Choppers!

7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

By the way you might take a look at craiglist!

8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Call the Brickman office closeest to your location.Tell them you are interested in purchasing a used mower and ask if they sell them when they get around 600 hrs. and tell them around Northern KY area they sell turf tracers for around $2300.-$2500. I would assume they all operate the same way no matter what state they are in?, unless it is under different management in your area.Good luck.let me know what they tell you.

9. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

brickman buys there mowers and keeps them for two years. at the end of two years they get traded in to the local mower dealer. The dealers are the ones who resell them.

so find out what mower dealer they buy from, and you should be able to find some used machines.

10. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay seems to have more and more junk that goes for a mint.:hammerhead: