where to find a suzuki 2 cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Jun 15, 2006.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a proline without the motor...looks like everything is there...throttle cable, self propel cable gas tank bagger etc...does not look used commercially much...in real good shape...small engine shop was throwing it away...does anyone know were i can get a 2stroker from and how much they might run???

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

NO IDEA on that one.
    I'd search the bone yards for a donor engine for it.

If it's a BBC unit, you might want to go ahead and put a 6hp Honda or 7hp Kaw on it.

I'm actually thinking about taking my Suzuki off mine and putting it on a plain -jane 20" pusher with a deeper deck, or something like that, maybe smaller... even considered making my own.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

that engine when still made was very expencive to buy just by its self it was around 350$. ebay is your best bet. look for a home model that has one. there was a brand nos suzki engine on ebay eailer this week. .dont bother with one from a bbc body -it wont work on yours

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Look under 'suzuki 2 cycle' and see what comes up...I got a couple of hits using those words...1 will only ship the motor...

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I still got my 98 Proline.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Mind sharing what you know about the engines from the BBC units?

Is it not possible to use them in any non-bbc application?

As I've shared before, I'm not real fond of the Toro. But the Suzuki engine is great. But I have to admit, it's not all that strong in my opinion. At least I don't think so on the BBC unit. That's why I was thinking of putting it on a standard 21" or 20" or smaller PUSH frame if I could make it work somehow.

7. lawnboy dan

the commercial toro deck was never made to work with a bbc engine. this goes for the older units that had the suzki engine. after the demise of the suzki-yes they could take bbc engines. the bbc unit is more trouble than its worth -it adds a bunch of more of moving parts and linkages that can break or ware out. for commercial work -you dont want it nor need it

8. Envy Lawn Service

Hummm... well mine is the cast aluminum commercial toro deck with the suzuki and bbc. But I can't say as it works that well. It takes up a lot of the deck volume. So it doesn't have the power or the space to mulch anything to speak of. But it does bag OK.

Personally, the BBC has always been my favorite part about the mower.
    But what good is that if you hardly use the mower for other reasons?

So I guess I might be able to take my engine and make it work on something else?
    Or no?

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

10. lawnboy dan

i have never seen a proline comm model with the suzki and bbc. nor would i want one for that matter. the bbc seems to rob engine power which we lco,s dont need. toro uses an external linkage set up on their bbc. it would be very diff to transfer all this stuff to another deck and get it to work.