Where to find..... Any ideas??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KenH, Nov 20, 2002.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Im looking for a lockable storage cabinet for chemicals which I can keep in my garage. Items such as Roundup, starter fluid, gas additives, etc, etc (you know, the stuff we all collect). I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old, and the possibility of them getting into things is starting to become a reality. I looked online for perticide storage and stuff, and cabinets started around 350$$. Wonder what everyone else does.
    Thanks

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey ken, im not sure what town in CT you are from, but in Newington or West Hartford(cant remember which town right now, its near the line) Industrial Saftey Supply may have a cabinet for you. All they sell is material handling stuff like spill proof gas cans, cones, vests clothing and everything else like that. Im pretty sure they sell cabinets like what you are looking for. they have a website, but its not the greatest www.industrialsafety.com

3. KenH

from CT

Thanks MDB, by the way, Im in Derby. I will check out their site.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

5. KenH

from CT

Awesome...thanks guys.

6. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

If you garage is attached to the house, Id make sure your home owners insurence would cover a fire involving all those chemicals, adn gas that is used for a business, are put the shed out back away from your house. It seems the insurence companys will look for any reason not pay out!

7. KenH

from CT

Its a new, detached garage. Ive always felt guilty even leaving things like paint thinner in the open on shelves. Now with kids, Im even more concerned.

One quick question.....do you think steel storage would be wise in regards to rust and corrosion?? Or would a poly material be better.

8. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

steel will not burn like poly

9. MTS2357

MTS2357 LawnSite Member

A used refridgerator with a hasp and a padlock worked for my dad. Works for me, but I have no little ones poking around.