Where to find Knoxville, TN contract bidding?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshlawn, Nov 15, 2002.

1. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

:help: For the last several years I have never had to go and find business. Word of mouth was all I ever needed , but this year I am expanding. I'm adding another crew to my "need to get done before next season list" this year along with new contracts. Since this is my first time actually having to go get the business, I don't know where the good places are to look for commercial clients that are accepting bids/proposals. The local paper is no good, and the University of Tennessee agricultural extension isn't much help either, so the only thing I can think of is just telemarketing or foot work to each individual place. I really don't mind doing that, but there are probably easier and more efficient ways of getting that job done.

This is a great site. :cool:

Thanx for the help,
    JoshLawn

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Many members on this forum like the phone book yellow pages even less than they like Crapsman equip and Homelite hand equip.
    But they did a great job for me. 99% of commercial found me thru the yellow pages.

3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

a second crew already? it says in your profile, your just starting out

4. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

F350,

I have redone my profile to give you alittle more info about me. I didn't think anybody would really read my profile, so I just hurried through it. If you have anymore questions, just ask.;)

5. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

A good starting point is to lookup your county government and register with their purchasing agent. This will enable you to bid on county work. Also register with the county school board in the same manner. I don’t know if this is how it works in your part of the woods but here in Palm Beach County we have received invitations to bid almost monthly. Bad thing they are looking for the lowest bid (YUCK). Also another idea is look at commercial property if they have a management company call them and ask if you can solicit a bid for next season or call the owner. I’m sure at least one tenant will provide you with contact information. I hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

I found this for you. Doesn't look like they are looking for laddscape services but keep an eye on it.

http://www.ci.knoxville.tn.us/purchasing/