1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to find sq. ft. on collincad.org?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JasonX, Mar 30, 2005.

1. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

In Collin County when I go to www.collincad.org and search for an address where can I find the sq. ft. of the property?
  2. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

Just curious, what good does the sq footage of a property do for you? anything like that doesnt give you the size of the lawn or flower beds or driveways.
  3. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

You cant get the sq. ft. off a free county website. The only site I know of to get this info is www.Taxnetusa.com. the bad thing about that site (beside having to pay a membership) is that they dont update it much, so new neighborhoods aren't listed.
  4. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

If a lot is 10,000 sq. ft., on average there is about 5,000 sq. ft. of turf.
  5. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

Within the property page, there should be a link to the "Plat Map", there you can find the area of each lot in the neighborhood. You will need to know the Block number and Lot number from the original property page to find the exact property on the plat map. It is pretty easy to find the area once you open up the Plat Map. Let me know if you are having trouble.
  6. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

To find the sq. ft. of a normal lot you do Length times Width. How do you find the sq. ft. of a cul-de-sac lot and corner lot?
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Corner lot the same way. If all different (they usually are) add the 2 lengths together and divide by 2 (average them), same with the 2 widths, then multiply. You can do the same on cul de sac lots. ie. frontage is 34' back width is 84' add 34 + 84 = 118 / 2 = 59'