1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to find toro 2 cycle?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lovdasnow, Feb 10, 2005.

1. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

Hello all, I know there is a wealth of knowledge in here, so maybe one of you has an answer to this. I was wondering if anyone still has the toro 21" proline(2 cycle) one of my old ones is getting OLD, and I really like them.
    So, if anyone knows where there might be one, and also a good price, please let me know.
    thanks jon
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the only way your going to get a 2 cycle proline is if you look for one used.

the !#*^# EPA made toro discontinue them.
  3. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You can still buy the engines thru Toro, but new machines are gone.
  4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I just got one from the local toro dealer... it was from a customer repair that was never picked up. $150 and looks almost new. :p
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn boy is still running with the 2 cycles, but i think this is the last year....I'm going to have to convert over eventually to 4 stroke after recon this year only 6 are salvagable. two I gave to employee's
  6. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Around this area, you would have to pry one out of somebody's cold dead hands.
  7. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

well dang! last year at this time someone wrote me and said that a place in idaho had some. I called them and they had bought the last 52 that toro had, but i lost that number. i bought a exmark metro 21", but sure do like the old 2 cycles!!!
    thanks for the info...jon