Where to find Toro part numbers?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by South Florida Lawns, Mar 7, 2006.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I can't seem to find a part number for an oil filter and hydro filter any where.

My manuals both Toro and Kawi don't list them anywhere, and my dealer gets all pissed off when you don't have a number.

Anybody know where to look?

Oh and its for an 05 Z-Master.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Give this link a try, Have your model and serial number handy.

http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp

The most common Kaw. oil filter is # 49065-2078 and 49065-2071 both cross to the same number.

3. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Thank you

So much

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Now, are the smaller holes in the 2071 make any difference?

5. Restrorob

I would say not, If you compare the two side by side you will notice the one with the larger holes has less holes than the one with the smaller holes which has more holes so the same amount of oil should flow through both.
    Since SFL didn't mention a engine hp size or any model numbers I went to the aftermarket company we have gotten our filters from for years. They listed both the above numbers as crossed to their one filter number.

6. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

The Toro website also has a parts viewer available also. www.toro.com

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

That doesn't necessarily mean though that the 2078 and 2071 are interchangeable. It simply means the aftermarket company didn't want to waste time and money making two different filters and instead just assumed that one filter would fit both. Are there specs from Kawi on these filters somewhere?

8. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I was primarily trying to find a place that listed Toro part numbers.

Both owners manuals didn't have any so I thought I'd ask you guys where to find any number.

BTW its a Z-Master Z100 series with a 19hp Kawi FH541V, thats the smaller 19hp engine.

9. Restrorob

Just for the record Ryan, Your engine listed the 49065-2078....

10. Restrorob

I found no specs. on the Dealer site, I called Tech. Support and they said both filters will enter change, One filter is larger than the other for the OEM's that have little space on their units to fit the larger one. The larger filter has a larger mount area so larger but fewer holes were used for structure integrity while the smaller filter uses more holes but smaller ones for the same reason. A call to the aftermarket company revealed they seen no reason to stock the larger filter since the smaller one will fit any application.
    If you have any doubt about the filters I suggest using the Kawasaki OEM part number filter for your spec. engine.