Where to fit a custom tractor business?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dhenterprises, Feb 25, 2007.

1. dhenterprises

dhenterprises LawnSite Member

Based on where I live with many 1 to 10 acre subdivisions being created, I started a small acreage custom tractor business. This site has been invaluable to me in determining that it was possible to start a business like this and make it work as well as determining pricing for my services.

One thing that is interesting is categorizing this business. I plan to prepare lawns and seed them as well as general dirt work, tilling and mowing. However, I do not see myself mowing lawns.

So, any idea where to say it fits? LOL

2. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

where what fits dale? i also run a tractor business and love it, how ever i am going to start doing lawns this year. i am using a small kubota bx23 with FEL and BH. works great for so many things, you should join tractor by net and talk to those guys there is alot of info there about our work and some great ideas.
    happy diggin
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The thing that turned my off from tractorbynet was the all the harry homeowners. They seemed to have more dollars than sense.

My advise is charge enough to cover your cost and make certain that you figure replacement of the equipment tractor and impliment.

There has been many discussions about the things you talked about Dale.

You seem to have a grasp of your market and niche time to "Git er Done!" (sic)