1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where to get 31*12.5*16.5 skid steer tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtybiz, Mar 10, 2010.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Just as the title says, anyone know where to get or where to watch for a decent deal on a set of 31*12.5*16.5 for my bobcat S205?? I looked for some last spring (last minute) and everyone wanted over $300 a piece, so i put a new set on my 7753 rims (10-16.5), and switched them, as the 7753 doesn't leave the shop very often! Would like to put the 31's back on my S205 though, floats a little better. And, no 12*16.5's won't work, to tall! Thanks!
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I got mine off Iron Planet. The tires are branded Catapillar. You might try your CAT dealer and see if they would cut you some slack. You also might try E-Bay there are a bunch of Chinese tires on there now. Not sure about the quality. I really like these 31's a lot more floatation than the 12/16.5's.
  3. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

I will have to watch IP. Been kinda watching ebay, not seen much. Lots of regular 10 and 12/16.5's. I agree, the 31's do float much better. Thanks!
  4. evanbrendel

evanbrendel LawnSite Member

maybe a local place recaps them? they have a recap place closer to me in st. louis dont remember the name but with trade in i think most where around 100.00 per tire but i could be wrong its ben along time since i looked at them.