1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to get GOOD tarps??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting kinda sick of replacing my large tarps that I use for leaf removal. You know, the blue or green ones you can buy at Fleet Farm. Just wondering if somebody has something better, more durable. Thanks-Esby
  2. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

we carry the real thick coated canvas tarps on our fire trucks, they are some of the toughest you can find. if it gets a hole in it (unlikely) just sew it up and go on. the only downside is they are expensive, but should last a very long time.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a link for more tarps. Click image for link.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I used to use the HD canvas tarps but switched to cordora nylon ones last year and like them better. They're lighter, tougher, fold smaller, don't get wet as easily and dry faster than the canvas ones. Northern tools has decent deals on some "misdyed" ones. Basically there are two different colored panels sewn together.
  6. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

In the garbage business my family is in, We tarp our containers with the mesh tarps, not nylon/plastic one you would use to tarp a house when doing the roof.
    I use the same tarps generally 11-12x12-14' for hauling leaves. I can say youll never replace em again. They are built super solid, and can be bought for what Id consider a cheap price, 60-80 bucks. I been using the same tarp for 5 years, and its still working fine......I dont chain em to my mower and drag leaves, but im sure they do fine if they did.
    The company is called American Tarp. I believe that they are out of Philidelphia, Missouri. Im sure they have a site to check on-line. Id do it for ya, but now im off to my second job. If anyone needs the number Ill post it when I get home