1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where to get Quicksilver weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by griffy, Jun 15, 2003.

1. griffy

griffy LawnSite Member

I have been reading several posts about Quicksilver and would like to know where to get some. I know FMC makes it but i looked around on the net and couldnt find anything. Would like to try it out. Also been having trouble finding confront. I did find it in 40lbs bag of granular at one site but I am looking for a liquid if possible.
    Any info here would be greatly appreciated..
  2. Dandylyin Slayer

Dandylyin Slayer LawnSite Member

I got it at lesco. I believe an 8oz bottle was $115.
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Quicksilver?? what are you guys using the product for?? At that price it must be good:D
  4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Man, that's costly! What is the label rate per thousand?
  5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Good information. Thanks for the link.
  7. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

The 8 oz bottle comes with eyedroppers for use in hand sprayers.
    You use very very little product. I think FMC made a mistake by
    making the active ingredient so concentrated. The glug glug theory of mixing will certainly cost you with this product.

It is proving to be a very effective herbicide. It will probably replace chlopyrilid and become the new wave of weed control!
  8. LawnMagic1

LawnMagic1 LawnSite Member

Carfentrazone-ethyl(Quicksilver) is one of the active ingredients in Speedzone. Good stuff!!!
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Quicksilver is some awesome stuff !!!! I used a tank mix of Riverdale Triplet at 3.5 pints per acre and 1 ounce, Yes only 1 ounce of Quicksilver per acre. It took out ground-ivy like nothing I have ever used before!!!!
  10. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Where is a lesco store, to get Quicksilver? Thanks Terp