Where to get the materials for pesticide application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cod8825, Mar 12, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I am new to this thread so I apologize in advance for asking a question that someone might have answered earlier. Where is a good place for someone to get the training materials to take the licensing exam in Missouri to apply fertilizers and weed control.

I know that you can go to google and type Missouri Pesticide Applicator training materials and it directs me to the Missouri University Department of Agriculture and you can go through various links to get there. I was wondering if there was a way to get all of the information in one place without having to order 12 different manuals for each of the sub catagories.

Also by the way my wife thinks I take to long to ask a two sentence question!:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance
    Matt

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You're not taking too long to ask the question, but if you are going to explore this, you REALLY need to adapt to having patience. The info IS on the states dept. of Agriculture site, and you just have to dig for it. There is much more info that you will have to research for on there, as well. There is no magic site, and there is no google answer, really. I wish I could tell you there was, but there isn't. There is just too much info to obtain. Furthermore, you are going to find yourself in to hours of reading on university sites if you are going to be educated efficiently at this. This is unless or even if you have a mentor to educate on what works and what doesn't, and what should and shouldn't be used in different conditions at different times. The main thing is, is learning and becoming proficient at identifying different conditions, diseases, types of insect damage, weeds, grasses, and/or other conditions. Also, knowing the true physiology of turf grass plants (among ornamental and landscape stock as well). It takes time, but it can be done.

3. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Joe for the info. I agree with you that that I will need patience to learn the material needed to take and pass the exam. Please do not think that I have lack of patience or concentration. I am a little impatient because I live in the country and I only have dial up and I get perturbed with the slow connection and two to three minutes it takes to load one page. Lastly I can only star at a monitor for so long before I get a headache.

I want to read it just in book format. Thats all!