1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get uniforms screen printed?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Jan 7, 2013.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best way to go about getting some uniforms made? I've got the information already designed that i want to put on the (shirts, hoodies, hats) but is it better to have an online print shop make them? Or should i buy the shirts and or go to a local print store and let them do it? Price and quality is something that needs to be taken into consideration as well when deciding where i should have them made.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I'd recommend going to a local shop. Take a look at their sample pieces, and see just how well their finished products are. To me, that's much safer than going through a website and placing an order. At least going to a shop, you get a better idea of what the finished product will be like.

3. sticklelm

Yea, thats what im thinking. Last year i tried an online site... but didnt have a good experience with them. Im going to look around tomorrow and see what i can find.

4. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Hey stick, I have a local guy here in the burbs of chicago that does excellent work. Maybe give him a shout work something out. He beats all the print/sign shops I could show ya my jackets. He is doing my shirts this week. Just a thought.

5. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I'm seriously considering to set up a screen printing shop in my garage after I move. That way I can just print my own shirts as needed. I've got plenty of experience with screen printing (I use to do it for a living). I just need to acquire the equipment and space again.

6. sticklelm

that'd be cool. any info on that would be awesome. pics of your jackets too. i guess he would ship the stuff to me cuz i am in va lol... im going to look around hear in my area for someone tomorrow as well. i really like my logo ive got and i want it done right by someone who knows what their doing.[/ATTACH]

black_hoodie_with_green_stickwhitename.jpg

emerald_green_tshirt.png

7. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Since I'm to new here I can't pm yet. But email me kandalawncaremgr@gmail.com