Where to Learn Lighting???

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Piscitelli Landscape, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Piscitelli Landscape

Piscitelli Landscape LawnSite Member

I have been in business for about a decade, I am lookin to expand my Landscape co. into lighting. But where do I go to learn more about lighting products available in my aerea and techniuques for installation and design. any info would be very helpful thank you. I live in North east Ohio if that is helpful.

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Check with the suppliers of lighting in your area, most offer clinics or have a representative that can come out to your job-site. You may also want to check into the LVLIA and all they can offer you including the upcoming conference. Some colleges with landscape architecture or horticulture programs also offer short courses during the winter for professionals like yourself to expand your knowledge and services. Here in NJ, Rutgers offers a complete series of professional landscape education programs, including a 1.5 day lighting class taught by the owner of Cast lighting. Another alternative is to work with a seasoned lighting designer/installer that is willing to share some of their knowledge. The best way is to get hands on with the fixtures, lamps and different equipment that is needed. Get the basic information and start experimenting on your own.

Kirk