Where to learn?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PlatinumLandCon, Jul 9, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi everyone,
    I want to start doing more accounts and move up to landscaping. Where's the best place to learn more about the biz? (I'm always on the forum reading:) Also, what methods of advertising do you find most effective?
    Thanks everyone, I look ofrward to expanding my business!
  2. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Personally I like trial and error, however working for a different company will open up a world of knowledge for you.
  3. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

There is going to be trial and error no matter how you learn. reading this forum is one great way, reading....all sorts of magazines and how to books that can help. Experience would be the best way, so practice on your house, or some relatives first. Not sure exactly what all your wanting to learn but thats one way to get some experience. Phone book, get an ad in the phone book. Not just your phone number but an actual ad. Most people that are to lazy to mow their own yard are to lazy to look thru and find a company they just look for a big ad. Fliers are nice but most don't even bother reading them. good luck man, wish you the best!