where to look for

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Dec 19, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

a 200 gallon tank similar to a space saver from lesco?

what other companies have you guys used besides lesco? the main thing is customer service/durability. i'm mechanically handicapped so when my space saver has problems i can go to my lesco sales rep and he fixes it for me. i would get another space saver, but i figured i would search the market this time before going to them. i want a cheaper price, but the space saver has worked pretty well for me so far. the last thing i need is my spray unit breaking down and being behind by a week because of it. that could cost me some customers.

so basically good quality, but cheaper price than lesco. thanks
  2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Gregson-Clarke. You will not be disappointed! I bought a V-200-ST from Rhett 2 years ago and have never regretted it. You won't find anyone selling skids that's more knowledgeable about them that Rhett. I don't get any kick-backs from talking up their products. I just tell it like it is. If I like your product, everyone will know about it. If I don't like it, the same thing can be said.

If you'd like to talk on the phone to ask me anything about my skid, let me know. To investigate their products, click on their link at the top of this page.

Since you're in Ohio, if you'd like to stop by and check mine out sometime, let me know. I can't be that far from you.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Our first rig was a skid, but it took up too much bed space. Then we bought a unit from Westheffer in Lawrence, KS. It was a 300 gallon split tank with two separate hose reels & pumps. We altered their original design & specs a little, but our units are pretty much the same today. We also have room for over twenty bags of dry fert. We use aluminum instead of steel so we reduce weight. We also remove all of our spare tires. Our trucks are 2500 HD GMC & Chevy.
  4. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Do you run two guns off same pump?
  5. dmcenery

dmcenery LawnSite Member

Does your 300 gal. fiberglass tank have mechanical agitation and can you tell me how much they cost? Any additional pics would also be appreciated.